View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 04:31 AM   #22
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Forgive me for intruding, but im curious about something. If i'm not baptized, then im going to hell? I dont think that is how god intends the scripture to be taken. I believe that if you are a believer in god, he wont hold it against you if you weren't baptized. Baptizm is symbolic (in my eyes) to a cleansing of the soul. Now mind you, i am agnostic, i do not believe in organized religion so my view may not be 100% correct, i used to be protestant until some events in my life changed my opinion. But anyway, I dont think that god sees it the way everyone else does, that you either get baptized, or are sent into eternal damnation. There are so many factors that would play into that. For one thing, what if the priest that baptized you, at one time, molested a young boy (no offense, but it happens). He, in all reality, shouldnt be considered a man of god. Does that mean that everyone who got baptized by that priest is living a lie, thinking that they got baptized by a man of god, when in all reality he was a child molester, and is not truely pure? That is my reasoning for believing that baptizm is not the factor that gets you into heaven, because so many things could play against the purity. I believe that if you are a believer, then you will be allowed into heaven. And i just want to let you know that i am not trying to offend anyone in any way, im just stating an opinion.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me