Thread: review from AZ
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
inside_us_all04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
review from AZ

In a surprisingly strong set--one that just about bypassed INXS' 90-minute performance-- former Creed frontman Scott Stapp (tickets | music), wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, opened his set with "Fight Song."

He continued his gig with songs of redemption and survival, utilizing the whole stage by thrashing about, a far cry from his modest opening--"I'm Scott Stapp. Many of you may know me from my previous band Creed."

In a nod to his return to the stage following that group's break-up, Stapp played a chill-inducing rendition of "My Sacrifice," a song which includes the line "Hello my friends / We meet again."

He called "The Great Divide" a song so important he wanted to share it with everyone. During the song, Stapp embarked on his trademark move-- putting one foot on the monitor and lunging forward as lights emblazoned him from behind.

"It's hard to believe the next song is a little over eight years old. It's amazing how time flies," Stapp said in introducing "Arms Wide Open." Initially, the music was muted to showcase Stapp's vocals, until the band fervently kicked in during the chorus.

He summoned the audience to its feet during "Higher," to which the crowd obliged.

source=http://www.livedaily.com/news/Live_Review_INXS_and_Scott_Stapp_in_Phoenix-10298.html?t=98