View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #17
Skipper
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Pardon me, for intruding in your conversation, but I'd like to make a comment.

Scott was diagnosed with acute laryngitis the week of the Alcatraz concert after suffering from a sinus infection/cold. His ears, nose, and throat doctor prescribed a steroid, (in the Dexamethasone family of steroids I believe), but I do not recall the exact name. (WindUp Records released a press release from Scott himself to the fans the day before the Alcatraz concert. I believe it was either released on the official Creed web site or in an email to those who are registered through Wind Up and/or the fan club?) Along with voice restriction and rest when not performing. <b> Common side effects of steroids are: depression, mood swings, insomnia, "Moon Face", and fluid retention among many, many others.</b>

Scott is fulfilling his record, band, and fan obligations by taking this medication temporarily to finish the tour. (He had to take the same medication at the end of the Human Clay tour.) Some respect in that regard would be appreciated to those who rather put him down. Imagine waking up and looking in the mirror, and instead of seeing your normal face, you see one that is blow out of proportion. Then add that you are a popular musician. This is incredibly hard for Scott because he considers his appearance important like most of us do.

The good news is, he can stop taking this medication soon, and he should be back to normal some time after. Also, he has hired a vocal coach in hopes to, avoid this aliment again for future touring.

The entire band is tired from the tour, traveling, PR appointments, tv appearances, and performing. One can appreciate the fans concerns about the entire band, Scott in particular. But the rumors of supposed drug use is far from what it really is. Yes, he is on medication, but a medical doctor prescribed it.

I think some of you had some really good points too. Just wanted to add to them.

Thank you.