Thread: Creed's legacy?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 08:22 AM   #26
Malevolence
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Overall, that's pretty accurate. Audioslave is, however, an evolution of a the aforementioned bands' talent.

The reason I don't like RATM is mainly because of the singer. The reason I like Audioslave, howevr, is because of Cornell.

Got some Euphoria Morning. Great stuff.

On Creed's influences:

I simply haven't found another band that sounds, even vaguely, like Creed.

Show me a band that's made a song like anything on MOP or the good stuff on HC -- Like What If, Say I, Beautiful, Wrong Way -- Or even Bullets on Weathered -- and I'll believe you.

( Oh, on another note -- could someone point out where the song, "Weathered", got it's influence from? I recall some sort of Zeppline-riff vibe at the bridge? ... )

I simply see no similiarities, musically or otherwise, between any of the aformentioned "influences" and Creed's music. None of Soundgradene, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, and the like, sound like Creed's best work.

At least, not any of the good stuff. You'll notice a huge increase in generic-soundsing rock over the albums.

MOP's generic songs were, like, Sister. And One.

HC had Are You Ready? and Higher ( Which was different, but still heavily influenced ... in a generic-ish sort of way ) and Never Die.

Weathered ... like. Over half of it. Is generic rock. Anthemic, Stapp wanted to call it.

Yea. Whatever.