View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 04:08 AM   #3
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) The insecure mind takes refuge in hierarchies of spirituality, seeking to segment the universe into levels of power and worth (example: His Holyness, titles given the Pope or the Dali Lama or because he is a holy man his worth is more than your's... etc). The Spirit of Love, on the other hand, will have none of the hierarchy game; all is God, all is powerful, all is spiritual, and all is worthy.
~Alan Cohn
yeh this is an interesting one hay. I feel there is truth in Cohn's comment, "the insecure mind takes refuge in hierarchies of spirituality", and I feel we are all worthy of God-given wisdom of the scriptures...I feel that the catholic church way back when had a hand in distributing that truth and corrupted it and held it back immensely, therefore breeding a congregation of insecure-minded followers of God.

But I recall that leaders were needed amidst the people, or more correctly put, people with certain roles of responsibility, and that even occured in the new testament. And Aarons rod budded as God proved that he was the anointed leader, and those who said they should have been equal to him were in big trouble.

Cohn's words, "...all is God, all is powerful, all is spiritual, and all is worthy." seem to reflect his own religious beliefs, but put in my belief system, all are worthy of course, but nobody can withstand the glory of God or most of these things: power, spirituality, worthiness, knowledge and wisdom, without the grace of God and His soveregnty of giving them.

Such hard work, letting go of the flesh to gain them...I dont want or need to be powerful or have dali lama status! I just wanna be a follower, lol. Whats so bad about that man!hehe

ROCK HARD!!!