View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #22
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Alright, get off Michael's back. Don't shoot the messenger. Scott didn't tell the entire truth in the interview. And by truth, I mean no gossip, as in Mark calling Scott stupid or something like that. I think Scott shouldn't discuss his personal life if he doesn't want to. The band isn't broken up right now. They're releasing an album at the end of the year.

i don't think it is anyone's intention to shoot the messenger but we are trying to make sense of all of this information and rumour. You don't know if Scott told the entire truth in that interview. Perhaps he didn't but you have no basis for that assumption. This isn't Scott's personal life we are not discussing Jagger for instance, this is his professional life and I think we have a right to know what is going on. I highly appreciate all of Michael's effort in keeping us updated but the implication was there, whether that was purposeful I don't know.

I don't think the success or lack of should matter whether they get back or not. Look at the example of Tool and A Perfect Circle. Maynard could easily make APC his full-time band because of their commercial success but he wants to have both. Mark and Flip could do a similar thing and Scott could do solo work/acting and Creed if he so wished. If that means 4 years between albums like Tool fans have endured then so be it as much as that would suck.