Thread: Black music
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 01:23 PM   #64
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
While I have to agree with everyone who's stated that people shouldn't be recognized for the color of their skin, but for who they are. I have been on the recieving end of reverse racism, and while you may think that being called a nigger is far worse than being called a honky, or a cracker, or any of the other names, it isn't, in my opinion of course. I'm sure when I was going through that, I felt the same way others do when attacked for the color of their skin. When it comes down to it, no racial slur is worse than another. They're all hurtful.

On another note, I honestly think the reason American people can't get over it and stop racism completely is because so many people want to keep thinking about that past and not let it go. Yes, it was wrong for people to be made slaves years ago, but it happened. We can't change the past, but we can change the future, but we can't do that unless people learn to let go.