View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #110
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) um...research, research, research...

per imdb.com

"Sadly, an operation on her vocal chords left her singing voice badly damaged in 1998, but she has not let even this stop her, giving a show-stopping appearance at the 1999 Tony Awards and appearing in the TV-movie One Special Night (1999) (TV)."

and, looking at the rest of her biography and lengthy body of work, I think that her not singing anymore had LESS to do with the surgery and MORE to do with the fact that she is SEVENTY YEARS OLD...she doesn't NEED to sing anymore...

uh...two things:

First: which interview did MARK (or the other two BANDMATES in question) claim that he didn't KNOW about what was going on? I recall that Stapp might have said that Mark didn't "know" or "care" about Stapp's "condition", but in which interview did Mark say that?

Second: Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?

But....can she still hit an F sharp above soprano high C? Who says a singer has to stop singing once they reach a certain age....pity she doesn't have that four octave voice anymore.

Here it is.........

The guitarist wasn't really much help in explaining what caused Stapp's uncharacteristic behavior that night, since their strong friendship, on which the band had been built, had deteriorated.

"We didn't really speak too much, so as for what he did on his personal time, we had no idea," Tremonti said. "We just knew that [over time] he would just slowly act a little more distant and do things that we didn't really approve of. So we really don't know what happened in Chicago, except that it was a low point in a long year."

Their very first interview with MTV. I really didn't like them as people after they did that interview.

I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.