View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, I got a call last night from the animal hospital, and he is staying steady at 120, like he should, without IV's, etc., but he is still not eating on his own. They are feeding him with a medicine syringe, and he still has the parasite that they are treating with meds, but they said he's doing really well. They just need him to eat on his own, before they can release him, so that he doesn't end up with the same problem. I am afraid that because he is only 8 weeks, that it may be too soon, and he may not be able to try to eat on his own until he's 10 weeks or so, which worries me, because that would mean a long time of being hospitalized. Maybe once the meds have treated the parasite, he will feel like eating. I am going to go see him today, and see if they can give me a rough estimate of what it's costing to have him in there overnight. Tonight will be the 4th night, and I will pay whatever, because that's our dog, but I want to be prepared also. I will let you know more as it comes about.