View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #33
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by hockeymom97) As far as not singing Creed songs. Mark stated in an interview that they would not be doing them out of respect to the band members. He said that it wouldn't be fair to Myles to sing them and be compared to Scott and it wouldn't be fair to Scott to hear someone else singing them. He also stated that he wanted the new band and its music to stand on its own.
What interview did Mark say these things? I've heard him say that he wouldn't be playing Creed songs, but not in that much detail.

Anyway, I don't think it's a great idea for Scott to play Creed songs just because I think it would take away from his solo efforts. However, the thought of never hearing any of those songs played live again is also very sad.

I do think, though, that it would be alot harder for AB to pull it off only because it just wouldn't sound right to hear a voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Some may disagree, but to me, the voice is what makes the difference. If Scott sings and the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. That's not to say that some might not be offended to see another band playing music that Mark wrote. I'm just saying that the songs would sound the same. They wouldn't with Myles singing them.

I think Scott should focus on his solo stuff. However, if he changes the music and sings songs like WAWO ... ones that he mostly had influence on, I guess it's not so bad. Like I said, I just think it's a shame to never hear such great songs sung live ever again.