View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 09:04 AM   #7
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The difference is, he didn't post it in three threads.
Uh, I only posted one.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I took it as more of an *I told you so* type of thread and I found it insulting
Yes, it was a subdued "I told you so" post. But is there something wrong with that? Were any of my comments offensive? No. I decided not to make any comments because I knew -- knowing the history of some of the mods -- that they would likely be interpreted as "speculation." I thought the quote highlights spoke for themselves.

If you felt the quotes insulted you, that's unfortunate and you could have replied in kind, but that doesn't mean you censor. You don't speak for everyone on the board, nor does every member share your feelings.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) This person attached an opinion to the quotes at least. The timing also is different.
So you think this post, which copies an interview and highlights certain portions, is A. OK? Why aren't you "insulted" by this one? It's very similar.

So if I posted my opinion, it would have made a difference to you? Come now... You were the one worried about "speculation." Me tagging on analysis to the raw data would have only made that concern greater in your mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I'm still hanging on to this! (but so are you) I'm not angry, but I do find this whole censorship rationalization puzzling and very inconsistent.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-05-2004 at 09:09 AM.