View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, and Stapp is promoting himself much more like an ex Creed member than AB is. But I suppose these two guys thinks that they hated the way AB "promoted" themselves by telling the truth about Stapp and his personality. Like in that Karreng interivew, you know? I can't say that they are right, 'cause I don't know. But I believe them, since Stapp was the one that was drunk or whatever on that Chicago show and he was in several bar frights, gained weight, cancled gigs, etc. No wonder they got tired of him!

He gained weight because of the predisone. If you've read anything about that drug(and I have, because I have recently had some sinus problems myself), you'd know that because it is a steroid, it can cause one to become bloated and gain weight. Stapp claims that the predisone was to blame for that ill-fated Chicago show. And you know what? Based on what I know about that drug, I believe him. As for the canceled gigs, again, it all goes back to how sick Stapp was with whatever he had during that Weathered tour and also that car-crash. How can you be angry with Stapp for canceling tour dates when he was physically unable to perform? Would you be angry with Myles for canceling dates if he had the same health problems as Stapp did?

I'm sorry, but when I hear AB fans talking trash about Stapp and his personal life, I kinda get a bit ticked off because they do not truly know Stapp, so who are they to criticize that stuff? Likewise, I feel the same way when some Stapp fan talks trash about Mark or Flip or Brian or Myles' personal life. It just seems pointless. Let's stick to the music.

I think what Chase was trying to say was that Mark, Flip and Brian have tried to, in a way, portray themselves as angels, while making Stapp out to be the devil. I do not think that he meant that they are promoting themselves as 3 ex-Creed members.

Getting this back to the original topic, I heard The Great Divide on Music Choice for the first time today. MC still gives a good amount of airplay to Creed, and they have given a good amount to AB, so I think they'll probably do the same for Stapp.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 09-25-2005 at 04:45 PM.