View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #19
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
But were all those people there to see you or you and only a couple of other people??

I understand about feeling alone, and have many times before, but at every one of those times absolutely no one was around me, and less paying attention. If people were there to see me and I was the center of attention, things may have been different.

Sometimes it is better to have a few people be close to you than it is to have thousands you have no connections with, but at the least then you still know that people are there for you and accept you.

H-D

Feeling alone even when around groups or even in a crowd of thousands is a phenomenon that's very hard to explain... difficult to express in words... if you've got so much difficulty in your personal life, as Stapp has had especially in 2002, even the admiration of thousands doesn't seem to help you heal. If he was in that dark of a place at that time, adoring fans probably wouldn't even be able to change that. Time off with his son and supportive family and friends, and time just to "be", maybe just sit in God's presence and gain strength from His grace, were probably the things that helped him crawl out of that dark place he was in at that time. I pray that he's feeling healthy and strong again, and able to deal with the difficulties in his personal life. I also hope that when their management schedules their next tour, they don't schedule quite so aggressively, giving the guys time to breathe and Scott's voice time to rest in between shows. Peace....

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On