View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 11:37 PM   #66
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Reasons why I feel Creed is hated:

Scott Stapp.

He is a bit arrogant. The entire higher video was a bit upsurd as well. I just feel he won't let Tremonti loose and has to be the center of attention. Everyone talks as Bullets was this great hard song... it didn't even have a guitar solo. He doesn't give great interviews either. He just always seems so uptight and a bit pompous. I've only met the guy 3 times and they were all before they made it big, and he seemed nice enough then.

Religious Ticket.

They most certainly are NOT a christian band. But, I do think Creed plays to a religious audience. It's not a coincidence that a good majority of Creed fans are Christians. There are certainly some deep underlying Christian themes in his music.

Pearl Jam.

"Linae - "I swear that lead singer has watched every one of Pearl Jam's shows because his entire stage performance is exactly the same as Eddie Vedder's. You can borrow my Pearl Jam stuff and see for yourself if you want."
Me - "Stapp wasn't influenced by Pearl Jam. He was influenced by the Doors." FYI: I did watch her stuff, and I don't know what she was seeing."

Absolutley incorrect. I have some friends that would bartend at the mill, bullwinkles, floyds and some other places Creed would play at... they all said Stapp was near obsessed with Pearl Jam. He was always singing Pearl Jam songs and quoting lyrics. Just because you watched "behind the music" doesn't mean you know everything. And the stage presence is near identical to me. Vedder has some very odd facial expressions but him and Stapp look extremely similar. Not only that, but Vedder writes about life experiences as does stapp.

The final reason and my personal reason is that I believe Creed has sold out. I probably saw Creed close to 10 times in Tallahassee and was such a huge fan. MOP in my opinion is one of the top ten CD's of the 90's. Then came Human Clay. I was a bit disappointed. Then came weathered and I was disgusted. Slow melodic guitar line, come in hard with distortion. I can't even see how Stapp could call that their "Joshua Tree". I hope the pathetic sales opened his eyes. And, the fact that they haven't been back to tallahassee in close to 4 years would be another reason. I could care less that they moved to orlando, but, tallahassee put them on the map.

The first 3 ARE the reasons people hate Creed. You can argue that they aren't true until you turn blue, but that's not going to change the fact that those are the reasons.