View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #117
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Oh sure, blame it on me.

Like I said before, if I were a fan who did not like this song, I would not be that concerned about the rest of the CD. I highly doubt that every song on The Great Divide is going to have this same theme. Scott even said himself that a couple of songs have a "sexual" aspect to them. That alone makes me think that you'll find a good amount of secular lyrics on this CD, which is alright with me, but then again, I would be happy either way.

Of course non-believers aren't going to like this type of lyrics. It's understandable and if I weren't a believer, I'd feel the same way. Lyrics are a very personal aspect of music. I do think that non-believers will find something to like, lyrically, on this new CD. I fully expect the lyrics to be very Creed-like, just maybe not in the aspect of questioning God. We'll see, though.

I am about as religious as you can get. I mean, anyone can attest to just HOW MUCH of a believer I am. BUT, I still don't like it when bands who CLAIM they aren't Christian (i.e. Creed) do a bunch of Christian lyrics. I don't mind Switchfoot (well, I mind them, but not for this reason, lol) because they don't hide the fact that they put God and Christianity into their lyrics. And they aren't even as opaque about it as Stapp is!

But yeah the lyrics aren't even my biggest problem with the song. The unoriginality and complete lack of anything substantial fits that bill.