View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 09:15 AM   #102
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
just remember IF they start up again that bullies bully because they feel crappy about themselves. And they are pretty good at zoning in on people they think they can take advantage of. So be strong and confident - tell yourself that you are worthwhile and special - we all are - and that if they are going to pick on you they have a problem - not you. If they sense your confidence - they will likely leave you alone. And if they do start up again- they will tire of bullying you if it seems to not bother you. It is SOOO hard I know - but don't give other people control of your feelings and behaviors. A little psychobabble here - no one can make you feel anything - we choose how to respond to every situation.

One quick story - I realize this is probably not the same situation as you but just to show that we don't know for real what the bullying people are thinking ---- a boy transfered to my school in 2nd grade and that bugger teased me uncontrollably! I used to come home crying every day and my older sister would chase him down the block if he walked past my house - it was crazy. He would tell me I was fat (I look back now and I am like I was so not fat - I was in 5th grade but the rest of the years I looked pretty darn good. I was just developed for my age starting in 6th. anyway...) this went on all the way through 9th grade. Then when we got to high school, I got more confident and kind of broke away from the crowd I usually hung around with because I thought they were too caddy for me. We were all hanging out on a weekend night (I went to a small school so everyone pretty much knew everyone). I had to get home so I started walking home without my friends who got to stay out later. Lo and behold - guess who runs up to me and starts walking me home - yep you guessed it - the bugger - and guess what else - he kissed me. Nothing ever came from it but I can tell you he continued to tease me through 12th grade but I now took it differently. SOOOO while I am not saying this boy likes you or anything - I am saying that it is impossible to know what is behind all the teasing that people do. I spent years being miseable because I thought this boy hated me but he was really probably just teasing me to get my attention or because he felt inadequate himself.

Take control of your emotions and responses. Choose how you act - don't just react emotionally ! You go girl!!!!!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie