View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #72
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Like I said, Jooji, that wasn't aimed entirely or even mostly at you, just something I've noticed.

Completely personally--I was a fan of Creed for the music. There are too many songs on ODR that sound very much so reminiscent of Creed (OYE, for example). I'm not saying that you *should* like them, I'm saying that on some of the songs, they sound enough like Creed, I don't understand how you can not like those individual songs. I dunno, maybe you judge music differently than i do. But your opinion is your opinion, as mine is mine, and we think differently, NBD.
As far as Stapp- he's simply not of the line of vocalists I tend to prefer. However. He was in Creed. He made good music in Creed. I enjoyed listening to him in Creed. Relearn Love doesn't exactly float my boat, but I'll never bash him or post derogatory comments about him, if for nothing else, out of respect of the work he did with Creed.
So yes it should go both ways. With me it does. But if someone posts something bad about stapp, there are 10-20-30 however many ppl who will jump all over them, often rightously so, and I just don't see that kind of support, hardcore, entirely, here for AB.
I'm not saying everyone should love AB and go buy all their CDs. I'm saying people should at least have the decency to have respect for the fact that before Creed broke up, everyone loved this music, and even if you dont like their new stuff, you liked them five years ago. Not all that much has changed. Why bail?
And that goes for Stapp as well. Just pointing out the other side.

I didn't BAIL. I listened to his music since I felt I owed him that much. To me.....its as if he's trying to prove a point....this is how good I am...this is what I can do...and I want to do it all at once. It doesn't appeal to me. Believe me....I listened to it, and there is nothing there that reminds me in any way of Creed. I don't live to hear someone play a kick ass guitar solo on every song on an album.....I outgrew that when I was about 16....it doesn't appeal to me anymore. They chose to go in the musical direction they did. Surely they didn't believe that every fan regardless of age would embrace their choice.

I disagree about your statement that you don't see hardcore support for AB here. Basically everything here is about them....even in forums that exist for other people. There are posters here who actually joined a really good and "fair" Stapp site.....one of their first posts was with regard to the song Relearn Love....stating that the song could have rocked, if only Tremonti had been involved. What I wanted to say to them is this.......Tremonti doesn't have that opportunity anymore....He said NO....He ended it....He made that choice, so why did you even have to bring him into the discussion?

People have pretty much given up any discussion of Stapp here, as it only brings about ridicule, but I get my ass chapped for saying I don't like Alter Bridge. Well that's just too bad......I don't.