View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 06:41 PM   #71
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) No, it's not so hard to fathom that some people who liked Creed don't like Alter Bridge. The singer is different. He has a different sound and his voice might not be everyone's cup of tea. That's completely understandable. What I'm tired of is the constant criticism that every word that comes out of Mark's mouth about anything to do with AB or Creed is somehow derogatory against Scott Stapp or his supporters. It's just not so.
I understand what you're saying. However, it is also possible that the reason people feel that way is because, like it or not, he did have some negative things to say at first. He has made it pretty clear that he as some bitter feelings towards Creed and Scott. Personally, I think that was in poor taste. Maybe things didn't work out, but the bottom line is, Creed was incredibly successful and Scott and Mark both helped make that happen.

However it ended up, he should have kept the negative feelings to himself and just let people remember Creed for what they were. He worked with Scott for 10 years, they were good friends. He worked with Myles for less than a year. To say things like Myles has the best voice (or however he put it) does say he thinks he's better than Scott. That's fine if he thinks that ... but he didn't have to tell the whole world that. I understand that business is business, but that type of comment must be hurtful to Scott. Naturally, that is going to cause a stir among fans. If he implies that he himself is taking sides instead of just being positive about the future of AB, then how are the fans (of either side) expected not to.