View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Status on album II?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I don't think they are doing Alter Bridge for the sole purpose of success. They are in it for the love of music.

Aside from that, they made the first album and toured for an entire year, then took a year off while they sorted out the business aspects of the label. I think that once they're on a label that cares about them they'll be doing a lot more in terms of music and releases.
there's plenty of bands out there that aren't in it for money, but who put out good albums in shorter time spans. take P.O.D. for example. not that i know them personally, but they don't strike me as money-hungry folk. Testify came out a little over a year ago (Jan 24 06). in the interim, they've toured for at least a few months, left Atlantic in August, recorded a couple of new tracks for their Greatest Hits set for Rhino, reconciled with their former guitarist who was booted out in '03, found a new label, and have plans to release a new album in about 6 months. All that in 20 months or so. strangely enough, they seem to have become my new favorite band, perhaps because i always like hearing new things from great artists.

conversely, you say AB are in it for the love of music. then why, oh why, don't they pool together a few thousand dollars (which they no doubt have) and record their new album in a basement studio and release it themselves, even just tracks here and there on myspace & youtube & itunes? this seems to be more representative of the "love of music" side of the coin. isn't having a record label a means of reaching a wider audience, becoming immensely popular, and making more money?

Last edited by RMadd : 02-26-2007 at 08:36 PM.