Thread: New Label?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
They don't listen and they are poor, particularly when it comes to PR and responding to emails. They had this fan site contest that promised an iPod to the grand prize winner, and autographed posters to the second prize winners. Well, it involved four bands: 12 Stones, Submersed, Finger Eleven and Strata. I and another guy got together and created the 12 Stones site in my sig. We worked our tails off and got it in just before the 12:00AM December 1, 2004 deadline. They promised that the judging(by the bands themselves) would take place by the 14th of said month. So all of us(who submitted fan sites) waited patiently. The 20th came around and there was still no results. So we emailed them and they got back(a few days later) and told us that there would be no judging until after the Holiday break. Fair enough. So then New Year's came along and still no results. I emailed them and it took forever for them to respond. They eventually released the results and we came in second. That meant we were to get a autographed 12 Stones poster. So I sent my friend's mailing address(I gave up the prize to him because he paid for all of the costs associated with the web site and because he deserved it more than I) and a few weeks later, my friend got a package. However, it was not the autographed poster. Instead, it was a Broken EP. So not only did they delay for months, but they didn't even deliver. They lied.

I just felt that I needed to share that to give further proof that WU does not care about those who are purchasing CDs/concert tickets by their bands.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!