Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #3200
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Life Reflects our Internal Changes and Choices

Life on the OUTSIDE...is a direct reflection of Life on the INSIDE.

I had a beautiful thing happen in my life today. My daughter used to be a very competitive athlete. She has won over 60 medals in her sport, not to mention multiple trophies. But her knees began to give her many troubles and the pain was intolerable...so she had an early retirement leaving her dreams shattered and her future blurry. We were heart broken but as a parent I could not stand to see her in such pain, and when we went to very prominent, experienced sports doctor, He told me that what she had is called Osgood Schlattter and it would get better only when she stopped growing, by that time...her career in her particular sport...would be over.

It has been a few months since she had to stop doing something she loved, and now she has been kind of at a loss trying to find something she is passionate about again. I have tried to be a gentle guide, throwing many different subjects to her to chew on. Music lessons, acting, singing, art, yoga, swimming, vollyball, soccer, ...Recently I decided we have sat at home enough, it is time for her to get back into something at least try something new.

So I decided I would sign her up for modeling classes and for a local swim team. These are things she has shown interest in and I told her to just try it and see if it fits. I have asked for prayer so that she finds her way and that something else will come into her life that she can be passionate about again.

Well a few weeks ago, I signed us up to volunteer at a local zoo. Tonight I get an email asking for us to come in and work with either the birds or the giraffes. We are going to start with the giraffes... I have to assist because she is not quite old enough to be on her own so she has to have a parent present. We are going to work with wild animals...Isn't that fantastic? Talk about becoming one with nature...I am so happy.

I am so excited and so is she....

Still signing her up for some modeling classes...I think she will have a lot of fun with that.

She is doing a Powerpoint for school...Ha..this is funny! In her goals for the future she wants to be The sexiest "Meteorologist" in the World. She has her little pictures and everything. It is interesting because ever since she was about 7 or 8...she has slept with the weather channel on her tv in her bedroom. Not cartoons..she watches the weather channel.

I love to watch their personalities bloom... It is a blessing!

Last edited by Sasa : 01-26-2013 at 12:52 AM.