View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 09:44 PM   #23
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I know all of you are thinking that Creed isn't done, and I'm also 99% sure they aren't. However, I can definately see where GtrPlyr813 is coming from, and I'd like to expand on it. Creed's next album is make or break if you ask me. For every one of us Creed fans, there are 5 people who absolutely hate Creed. I know your saying 'Well that doesn't matter, people are jealous, etc...'. But realistically, it does matter. If not many people like Creed, and they are nothing but a joke to the media, then they aren't gonna sell and succeed. How can you be taken seriously with the kind of music they put out on the radio? Remember, we live in the ADD generation. No one is gonna take the time to see if Creed is good or not, they judge by what they hear on the radio. Creed has done an absolutely horrible job of putting out singles. Weathered should have been the lead single with a video and everything, not My Sacrifice, which annoys the fuck out of me because it was only cool for about a week. Their songwriting has definately gone downhill if you ask me. They can't be pop stars, they need to be rock stars. Weathered was way too commercial and if the next album is headed in that direction, fuck Creed. They're gonna lose me as a fan and i'm sure many others. My Own Prison was a very promising album, and if they just kept going in that direction as their musical talent grew, they probably would be the next Zeppelin. I can totally see that happening. However, they think too much about how their music can fit in with what's popular. Do any of you ever wonder why people call them a rip off? They are just trying to fit in with what is gonna sell right now. They need to think long term, and stick with My Own Prison-type songs. After MOP, I think the only songs I really like are Faceless Man and Weathered. Out of 22 additional songs, I only like 2. Sad, huh? Creed is definately slipping. I sure hope Stapp is working on making this next album a rock masterpiece and not some fucking pop record.