View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 05:42 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Velvet Revolver's search for a singer

i've done some googling and looking at www.belowempty.com and found some info on this search that i thought was interestering. apologies if this all of this is common knowledge.

September Slash announces that his new band will release an album in 2003. "We got the baddest fucking be-all, end-all rock & roll band," he tells Rolling Stone. But he is already frustrated by the lack of singing prospects. "There are no rock & roll singers out there right now . . . except Billy Idol."

Obviously he's an expert but considering apart from Weiland singers the calibre of Travis Meeks and lesser knowns such as Shaefer, Todd and Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach were auditioning he would be relatively pleased. I thought anyone would be satsified with Travis Meeks considering that apart from a top notch singer he brings some songwriting skills to the table.

They were unsatisfied with the singers on offer obviously and that is why they invited Mike Patton and Myles Kennedy (perhaps others) to auditioin. Seems Patton wasen't interested and Kennedy couldn't for health reasons. At least they got Slash's first choice in the end and everything seems to have worked out in the end.

man if Myles was healthy at this point he could easily be their singer although I think Weiland is a much better fit for Velvet Revovler while I think Myles fits perfectly with our boys. But come on Travis Meek's not good enough?