View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 10:05 PM   #66
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I agree with Marcos. And just because a rapper's reality isn't all rosey doesn't mean he shouldn't express it and make money off it if he so chooses. There are many realities in this world, some that need our help, not our shunning. I think sticking our heads in the sand isn't really a good way of dealing with realities that don't happen to be ours. Out of sight out of mind? I'm sorry, but that kind of thinking scares the daylights out of me. That kind of thinking is why so many in our country were shocked when 9/11 happened and maybe why all the warning signals were ignored. They've been out there for a long time.

Actually, most rappers normally haven't lived a "thug life" so to speak or they don't care about it anymore. Really though, if a rapper did live a terrible life, then why does he rap about how much he sold out (big screens, dubs, Escalades)? Rap aims mostly at children and idiot kids that think they're "gangster". It's all a marketing gimmick. Stupid discriminating rap...