View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Hey Alter Bridge fans!

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan, if you like good lyrics why do you like Creed... *rolleyes* heh

Lol, because I really relate to Creed's lyrics and think Stapp was/is a very talented lyricist. Look at his stuff on MOP and HC. Very good stuff, lyrically, imo. Much better lyrics than a lot of current bands have.

Plus, I think, in some respects, Bono and Stapp are similiar lyrically. Being a big fan of Bono's lyrics(which I think are brilliant), I can appreciate someone who has somewhat similiar lyrics. There are many other reasons for me liking Creed's lyrics so much....I really could go on and on about it, but I'll stop now.

I don't know about anything on ODR being filler, but I can say this: I can easily skip a good amount of the tracks and not feel too guilty about it(like I would feel guilty skipping tracks on U2's Joshua Tree or Creed's MOP, two of my absolute favorite CDs). I can only listen to FTR, ODR, BID, Metalingus, SMS and OYE and feel perfectly content. Likewise, I can do that with TGD....I can only listen to Justify, Fight Song, Hard Way, Surround Me and Broken and feel pretty good about it. But I don't think that makes the tracks I skip filler...I think it just makes them not quite as good as the awesome tracks on the CD.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!