View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 10:16 AM   #61
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, I think we can't really judge him as a musician until we've heard his solo album. We've heard one solo song from him(and that was a Christian song) and a couple Creed songs. That's it. Meanwhile, we've heard one full album from Alter Bridge and some of us have heard some unreleased songs. So, at the moment, it's not a fair comparison to me. Scott was a songwriter, he didn't write the music. Mark wrote some lyrics and most of the music. Scott has to wait for a backing band to probably help him create the music for his lyrics and his solo career, meanwhile Mark's already came out with a new CD and has already(along with the rest of Alter Bridge) established himself after Creed. Stapp hasn't because he hasn't come out with his new stuff yet. My point is that I'm not going to judge the post-Creed Stapp as a musician until his solo album has come out. Until then, I'm still one of his fans. And we haven't heard new music(beyond Relearn Love) from him because his solo CD hasn't come out yet. I don't know why it hasn't, maybe that's Scott's fault, maybe it's Wind Up's, but it hasn't come out. So, until it comes out, anytime we hear Scott singing he'll be singing Relearn Love or a Creed song. That's what we just have to get used to, like it or not(personally I don't like the idea of him singing Creed songs, but I'm resigned to the fact)

As for PBF, ummm, I'm sure there are AB fan sites that place them on pedastals. It doesn't just happen to Scott. It happens to almost every artist out there that is popular. And not everyone at PBF puts him on a pedastal. I hate when people judge something just based on one person or thing. Like if I were to meet one bad Christian, would I be justified in saying that all Christians are bad? No. That's unfair to judge the whole religion of Christianity based on one person. The same thing applies here. I think alot of people are unfairly judging PBF as just being a Stapp fan site that worships Stapp as if he were God. I do not think this is the case, and if you do, then realize there are AB fan sites like this. It's not just Stapp fan sites. If you come back and say "oh there aren't AB fan sites like this, but PBF does worship Stapp" then you're being a hypocrite.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!