View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 01:23 PM   #63
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently:
Hockymom97-Thank you so much for your story. I too have a son , and I know that times are so very difficult for them, too many pressures. It sounds like you have an incredible amount of love for your son, and will always be there by his side no matter what challenges the two of you face. I'm not exectly sure what happened at the Chicago concert, I've heard a few details, but I've never read the whole story. I was very surprised when Scott went back on tour, so soon after his car accident. Injuries to the back and spine are not something that get better that soon. People assume if you are up and walking around, and you look good, you must be fine. Such an injury has the most far reaching effects on a person. If you have never experienced one yourself, you have no clue. It can effect your entire life. Your personality changes due to the pain. Sleep patterns are effected. You must deal with the frustrations of others that expect more out of you than you are able to give because of the pain, and their judgment, condemnation, or pity. It takes a long time to recover both emotionally and physically. Please mention to your son, this could be part of the problem with what happened at the Chicago concert, perhaps not. What ever, no one knows what another person is going thru to effect their life, so it is not fair to judge. It sounds like he is a wonderful person to give another chance when he was unable to understand what had happened.

Redeemer-I don't think you realize just how strong you are. Just to have made it thru the things that have happened to you in your young life, is an incredible accomplishment. You will find out that life can take some sudden turns to help you to find your direction, just take the time to listen and learn. Good luck.

Lechium- I'm glad that you found the music that you needed, when you needed it. I believe that it was not by chance.

Thank you for the responses to my poem. I wrote it after I was in a difficult situation, and a total stranger made a special effort to help me. All she asked was that I pass on the favor to another stranger. What a wonderful person.