View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I can pretty much guarantee you that this was NOT Scott's doing. WU obviously owns and runs all of the official sites, and I don't believe the artists have any say about what gets put on the site. Example: remember that answer posted on Creed's FAQ section? The one about Stapp saying "who are we to say that being a Christian is the only way to go to Heaven?" or something along those lines? Stapp said last year that WU put that up, not him, and that he never said such a thing. Of course, he could be lying, but I kinda doubt it.

As for his CD being advertised on the Creed site, you know what? I'm not offended by it. As Mark has said himself, a lot of people still do not know that Creed broke up. Perhaps people will go to the official site and see this CD being advertised and figure out that Creed is done, and that Stapp is a solo artist now. If U2 breaks up tomorrow and Bono goes solo and comes out with a record of his own, I'm willing to bet that his record label would do the same thing as WU. Now you might be saying "why didn't they do the same for AB?" The answer is kinda simple: like it or not, Scott WAS the voice for Creed, he got the most attention, and lead singers generally are the most popular, most known and are thought of as the most important individual member in the band. I don't at all agree with this, but that's the way it pretty much is. AB is a new band that wants a fresh start. They don't want to be known for having 3/4 of Creed. They want to be known for AB's music. Stapp, on the other hand, has gone solo and it appears that he'll be making music similar to Creed's music. It only makes sense that WU would promote Stapp's new CD on his old band's web site.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!