View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Why is giving so important?

yeh....lunar........its great that people also give not as relgious requirment but out fo pitty or caring for othes......and thats simply great too.....and as i said earlier.........its human nature...............but as far as giving as a relgious duty.........i being a muslim knows that if i give with any inteniton of showing off or that ill ask for a favour in return....my givings will infacct become a laibilty for me and illl be accountable for it................... relgion forces me to give and to give selflessly................i mean.......if al lthe community is giving to the poor, then we can also expect benifits like low crime or more brotherhood...............u know........ the fact is that relgion binds you to give is to keep this giving thing alive in all of us.........i know many people that wont give otherwise but give only becuse relgion asks em too...........e.g in Islam.....we are suppose to give some portion according to our power and will from what we have over and above our requiremnts and then there is the 30th DAy of month of RAmadan......when every muslim who has a savings above a limit has to give some 3% of it to poors....and thats compulsory one....so all i am saying is that Giving is very important too keep society balanced and relgion also supports it, and yes those people who give not being religous must be kind harted and very rational people who undersstand its importance