Thread: my first post
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Jester/anarkist I never had a problem with your arguments, it was when you started insulting people I got ticked.

I am happy you are back and glad you are still open to discussion. This is what I recommend, do with it what you will:

You have obviously researched the Gospels from an atheistic point of view. Why don't you research them like you want to believe in Christianity, even if you don't? That way, you at least have balanced sources.

I have seen far too many of the Christians of the type you talk about even think about arguing that point. But there are also good sincere Christians. There are evil gnostics and there are good gnostics. Or at least, gnostics attempting to be good. The same is true for any cultural or religious group. There are good and bad poeple.

For instance, the Catholic Church has about 1.1 Billion members... Guess what. Most of them are not even really CATHOLIC. I mean, so many Catholics believe in abortion it is not even funny. Whether or not you agree with abortion is besides the point. These people are not DOING what the Church says is right. So obviously, in other matters, they are not exactly inclined to try to be very Christian.

I am going to try and assemble some works, sources, etc. for why I believe the Gospels ARE historically valid, but it might take some time, so try not to lose patience with me, lol

And also, if you and your dad have arguments (do you?) argue not from an atheistic perspective but from a Catholic persepctive, for a few reasons.

1) It is easier

2) If you are arguing from a side that you might not even believe, you still at least learn more about both sides in the argument

3) It will be fun to give your dad a good thwomping, won't it?

Anyway, I am pleased you have returned, and I certainly harbor no hard feelings, I hope you don't.