View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 07:46 AM   #42
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
how can you have Sister has one of the strongest songs off MOP? IMHO everything else is better then Sister including the b-side on the Australian edition Bound and Tied that I really like. Sister is by no means a bad song but quite clearly the weakest song on that album. Say I and Wrong Way are not bad songs but compare them to Faceless Man, What If, Higher, Inside Us All and the like and they are not in the same league. The biggest trouble with Human Clay was the sameness, which Weathered didn't suffer from at all.

thanks for the info Rockgoddess, good to know John Connolly is very impressed although I think being good mates with them he is just a little biased! :Big Grin: what board is that posted from BTW? I was kind of hoping Myles' musical friend Chris Cornell and his wife Susan Silver were there. :Big Grin:

Why do people wish Weathered was more like earlier albums with more songs like the ones on their debut and sophomore effort? You can't repeat yourself or the fans get bored and more importantly the band gets bored. Almost reminds me of the PJ fans who hammer for Ten and Vs editions 1, 2 and 3. Didn't Scott speak about the band almost leaving DSD off Weathered but chose to put it on? I'm sure finances played a part but it did help the WAWOF. Maybe they should have left that off and put Nothing on instead?