Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 05:25 PM   #12
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
[BTake me as an example... too bad I donŽt have a scanned pic...
IŽm caucasian, light brown hair, green eyes... My grand grand parents were born in Portugal (2), Spain and Italy...

If you go to the South Region of Brazil (that 3 states down there) youŽll only find blond/blondes, snow white sking, blue eyes... all of them descending from Germans, Dutch and Scandinavians...
Top model Gisele Bundchen is from there, for example...

yes, weŽre good people
[/b]

Right on Marcos - you, me and lots of others! All good colors in this human rainbow!

My grandparents were from the Azores, Portuguese Islands - and they were considered the 'dark ones' and were treated badly by the 'white' Euro immigrants. Funny, the island where my mother's side came from has light skinned Flemish (Belgian) roots. My brother has blue eyes, mine are green...But, WHO CARES! Sad that I didn't get to learn the language and my grandmother hated to see me working on my tan. My parents generation worked hard to assimilate, be like 'the others' - had to be accepted...Thank God times have changed - but we still need to encourage more appreciation for our differences and realize we are all ONE - like a beautiful botanical garden!