Thread: Chicago Show
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Chicago Show

FIRST AND FOREMOST, I am not bashing. I love Alter Bridge and Stapp both (ok, Stapp a little insy bit more). I don't know if there are still harsh feelings out there because it was pretty hard on the fans. I was there though. Funny to bring it back up. There was so much controversy over it because no true fan wanted to hear about it. We who had attended had to be very careful because we were harshly criticized and like I said, no one wanted to hear it. It was the same reaction as when the girl from creednet announced Mark told her Creed was over. No one wanted to believe it.
Anyway, I was there, and it was very, very bad. We were not in the pit at that show. When the music came on to Bullets (it was how they started the shows), it kept playing and playing and playing. I thought right away, oh no. I had been reading that he was having erotic behavior at some other shows, so I was half expecting it. He was blown up like a balloon from being on prednisone. When they came out, he wasn't singing the right words to the right songs. In Higher, he sang the second verse twice or verse 2 then 1. I can't remember for sure.
After the third of fourth song, he put the mic down and left. Mark waited a minute or so, and then he said, "Ah, apparently Scott had to leave for a minute. I'll be right back." He went backstage and Scott came out eventually in no shoes and no shirt. He had on black leather pants and white socks-no shit. He then sang the worst song of the night, "Whose Got My Back Now?" Mark and Brett Hestla (the temporary bass player) were not looking at Scott at all. They were trying to cover for him. He was lying on his back with his feet in the air. He later tried to say it was because he felt like no one had his back. It was very apparent he wasn't able to even walk. He sat down at times. He sat down on the drum set, covered his head with a towel and sang. I had to literally leave. I had him on a pedestal, I admit. It was my fourth Creed concert, and I was loving them. A friend I met shortly before this was on the rail and wouldn't even talk for days to me.
After that concert, there was one more on New Year's Eve. His parents flew in because obviously everyone in the band was humiliated and angry. That concert was pulled off perfectly, so they went out with a bang. It was said he went into rehab after that, but time has shown differently. I do hope he's sober now and making a difference. He has a gift.
Any more questions? I still love Creed and think one day...