View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 08:34 PM   #75
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.

Great post man. This is what I've been thinking anyway. I thought that Creed would have put out something resembling ODR and I am surprised that people are saying that the album sounds nothing like Creed. I mean really the guys didn't change that much musically since Weathered came out that ODR sounds that different. Yes it is harder and yes Mark shreds a whole lot on the album but this was all stuff that had been talked about being brought in by not just Mark but Scott as well.

I don't get why people keep saying Scott was holding them back. And Scott wouldn't allow this or that. I mean c'mon people Mark was voted guitarist of the year for what 3 years straight or something like that. Where was Scott's egomaniacal leash on Mark holding him back there, I'm sure he wouldn't want Mark getting any credit for helping make Creed what it was. I'm obviously being sarcastic there but maybe someone will see my point. I don't think anything was holding the guys back, it was the music they wanted to make at the time and ODR was somewhere along the lines of what I thought was a natural progression (of course without Scott's influence or his invisible tether cord to hold Mark and Flip back )