View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #72
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
This is so frickin' funny... (about being heavier)...

I believe that Creed 4th album would've been heavier. Even Stapp wanted it to be heavier, as I quote: "This band is getting a heavier vibe" (CreedInk #1)

I also laugh at people who says Mark was being held back... as I TRY to quote Stapp: "I asked Mark to play more and longer solos on songs... coz I need a break to breath during songs... and his eyes were all surprised 'you sure?!' ... he seemed like a lik kid with a new toy, that's everything he wanted to do" (Sony Weathered Promo Interview)

I'll also quote Troy Stetina: "Mark wants to bring shredding back to business on the next Creed record" (at the time Mark was having classes with him - 2002)

So, the 4th Creed record would have been heavier... I dunno if any of the AB songs would have been considered for Creed's 4th album on the infamous jam session... I dunno when Mark wrote them... actually I'm dead curious about it.

Now, about being held back... I agree the band as a whole (the 4 of them) were... hence Mark said "things got so political towards the end of Creed... I was tired of thinking how long a song would last or what radios would it play before writing"...

so blame Wind-Up and Sony... but I assure that with everything Creed achived, they could have stepped it up for what they wanted.

but that's just MHO.