View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #82
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Because Ashlee Simpson has a bunch of 12-24 year olds too dumb to realize they are wasting money. 12-14 year olds don't even know who Stapp is anymore.

No, I think the key here is radio airplay. Simpson would not have sold that many albums if "Pieces of Me" did not receive the type of airplay that it did. What I'm saying is that I believe Stapp will get a good amount of airplay, which almost always translates to big time sales. And who says 12-14 year olds won't know who Stapp is in a few months time?

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Depends on what successful means. I certainly can't see him moving a million albums in under a year...

If he gets the type of airplay necessary, he can accomplish that. If he gets 2 hits off that debut solo CD, he will go platinum within a year. Again, the key is radio airplay and video play as well. VH1 seems to be quite loyal to Creed, having given AB's OYE a ton of play in the beginning, so I can seem them giving Stapp's video a ton of play as well. That can translate to a good amount of radio airplay as well.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I hope for the sake of musical intelligence everywhere that this is not the case... lol. I can't see anyone wanting to buy his CD because of this single.

I can. *cough*Christian Community who thinks Stapp is a Christian artist*cough*.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And since when has WU begun convincing you that they AREN'T stupid?

You've got me there.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Lol, do you live under a rock?! I couldn't get away from peopel telling me Alter Bridge was just Creed with a new guy who sounds exactly like Stapp... lol

You interpreted what I said in the wrong way. What I meant was that I never understood WHY people thought Myles sounded like Scott in that song. Obviously, being the Creed/AB/Stapp fan that I am, I heard that comparison all the time. And it ticked me off, obviously, because the two are nothing alike, not even in that song.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan I respect you, but saying Stapp and Vedder are as far apart as Stapp and Myles...

Misinterpreted me again. I did not say that Vedder and Stapp are as far apart as Stapp and Myles are. I just wanted to lead into the fact that I was going to vent about that stupid comparison. I've heard that same stupid comparison about a million times and it's frustrating because it is not true. Both have deep voices, yes, but you can easily distinguish between the two. Vedder goes higher than Stapp does, vocally. Stapp is not a Vedder clone, and anyone who has heard enough PJ and enough Creed can and will tell you that. It's just such a stupid comparison and I get a little ticked off when I hear it for the umpteenth time. They have some similarities, but nothing more than that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I suspect your five year old neice has better musical knowledge than half the peopel in the U.S.

I don't doubt that. I've been working to turn her against the trash that is all over Pop radio today. She seems to have taken a liking to Rock music(huge Creed fan, even likes AB though she doesn't like Myles because she knows that he replaced Stapp, her favorite guy) but she still, unfortunately, likes some of the trash on Pop radio. Yes, she likes Kelly Clarkson, Green Day and Hilary Duff. But I have a feeling that they way I'm teaching her, she'll hate that stuff by the time she's 10. She won't be a teeny bopper.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!