View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #80
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) Now I'm going to be honest here. Since I don't post much, I might as well post about the next controversial topic; Stapp's upcoming album.

I do like the song, but the first time I EVER heard it I was disappointed. I don't know if it was that this song seemed like it was set along the same lines as Relearn Love in the sense of Christianity, or if it just didn't sound unique. Or maybe it wasn't rocky enough for me.

One thing I do know is, after hearing it a couple times I do like it. But I'm afraid it could be the first song he has song that I could get sick of. I NEVER have gotten sick of Creed, but I might be able to with this. It has a good background beat and he is vocally on target, yes. The lyrics are exceptional, yes. But I was hoping for some of the more hardcore lyrics like back in the day w/ MOP. I loved the freshness of what he unearthed there. Maybe that was just the child Stapp looking to grow from a child to an adult. Maybe he was looking for acceptance or understanding. I don't know. I was just more driven then.

And I have to say this, it has the same sort of "poppy" sound as Relearn Love. This scares me a bit and makes me wonder if that will be "his" sound. I am interested in Broken where he uses the piano, but I don't know, I've always liked Stapp w/ rock. That's why I prefer the more rocky version of Relearn Love, or the part of Relearn Love featuring Tea Party where it is a bit more pounding in the end.

Just my thoughts and reactions on a ballpark.

Your honest thoughts (in black) are definitely the same here!!!!!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 09-11-2005 at 03:39 PM.