View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #75
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I think you should try to make an effort in show some sense in your thought instead of calling me nihilist/terorist/nazist....etc...etc..etc...

but anywasy...to your answer...
If someone raped or killed my daughter/niece etc...of course killing this guy with my hands could pass though my head...ans its normal...I mean thsi is a passionate reaction. I mean a irational one...so I really understand it as one first and natural reaction to its odious crime. Its revenge. I cant blame you for thinking the same.

But you know we cant mix Revenge with Justice. They are different things. One refers to passion..the other refers to reasoning.

And for crimes rate: did you really read the links I put to you?

You make it sound like justice is constant. It isn't. One form of justice does not transcend borders. Each culture has a different definition of what justice is. Putting someone in prison for life is also revenge... is it not? You're doing it to punish the person and to get back at them. It's revenge.

For the record... some of the most technologically advanced have the death penalty. Not bad for "barbarians," eh?