View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #35
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Ben, I give him props for going out there, and I know how hard it is to sing a cappella just in front of a few hundred people, never mind thousands. That being said, he could have sounded better.

Dogstar I know what you're saying, but being flat is just one of the risks one has when they go out to sing acapella. It's something that even the best trained voices have problems with. I was referring more to the people that I've heard, like the ones Steve was referring to, that said the performance was flat out bad, without knowing how difficult it really is to pull something off like that. They had one of the the three tenors out there singing "God Bless America" the other night. Even with his expertise and pitchpipe in hand, he didn't sound the sharpest that he's ever been. It was because he is singing acapella without two other guys across from him to match pitches. I think for the style that Scott was trying to achieve, he did a commendable job. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't "bad" either.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)

Last edited by benkenobi : 10-28-2004 at 10:43 PM.