View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 04:29 PM   #37
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson) I do not care if he was signed on the same record label as Bob Dylan. The fact remains that he is overrated. People hype him up too much. He is not that great. Many artists deliver passion and emotion 10 times of what that guy does and they don't get the same credit. Maybe they haven't been around as long or maybe its just that they don't get the constant media attention Mr. Springsteen does. And please do not use his name in the same sentence as Mr. Dylan. That guy is a true legend. But in the end I still stand by what I say, hes too damn overrated.

It's not about him being on the same record label as Dylan. I was just giving you some perspective about who discovered him - a guy who, it just so happens, has discovered a lot of great talent. I guess that means he isn't going to waste his time on some "no talent" kid in the early '70s when rock needed a rock musician. I seriously believe you haven't seen much of Bruce to think anyone especially many deliver the passion and emotion more than him. Bruce doesn't come close to getting constant media attention. Instead of worrying about Bruce you should be worrying about all of the crap surrounding horrible corporate made musicians such as American Idol and many rock bands today.
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/