Thread: Legalize Drugs?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 10:44 PM   #30
Altair
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Ok, I think I see where you are coming from,  but why must our existence or experiences on this earth simply be bearable?  Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly take pleasure in my non-material experiences, too: A light summer breeze, warm sunshine, a beautiful blue sky, the sounds of the ocean, a restful nap, these bring me great joy, and as you mentioned, each other. Loving others, IMHO, is the greatest joy of them all.  
Are you saying we are here basically to suffer and just survive?  

Good question. Forgive me. I see that my explanation is poor. I do have a difficult time conveying my ideas.

"Are we here basically to suffer and survive? Are our experiences only to be bearable?" you ask?
Oh, hell no! That wasn't my point in the least bit. On the contrary. I want life to be full of joy, love, excitement, compassion, and wonder like that of a young child. I just simply believe we can attain these treasures without dependencies.

Unfortunately, most of us are so lost in gluttony and desires that we haven't even had the opportunity to try a life without material luxuries. Instead, we've been so trained by society, we are spoiled. We can reprogram ourselves, trusting our inner being's ability to fly on the wings of freedom.

Again, I'm sure I've failed at explaining my ideas, but it's a try.

—The Bhagavad Gita