Thread: World Cup 2006
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: World Cup 2006

Unfortunately, Wayne Rooney has fractured more than one bone in his foot and IS going to miss the World Cup. It's a shame, not only for England, but the competition itself. The world is not going to see his amazing talent on the biggest stage.

However, here is our new secret weapon ( ) - Peter Crouch. He's 6ft 7in (1.98m) tall.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag...06/crouch2.jpg

This has severely dented our chances of winning. Every World Cup winning side, no matter how good, have one 'special' player and he was ours.

RMadd - great to see an American who appreciates 'the beautiful game'. USA are rapidly developing into a very talented force in world football.

Ana, Brazil have a very talented side - they have and always will. But this is the best chance the rest of the world have had in a while to upset them. I strongly fancy a european side to be successful. The climate will not be to the South American's advantage and I don't consider them unbeatable. Saying that, they deserve to be the favourites.

My money is going to be on Italy and Argentina. For top goalscorer, the finest player in the world today - Thierry Henry. Our top scorer will probably be Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard - he knows how to belt one.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger