View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #36
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I certainly do not make such an assumption. I have God creating the universe. You have nothing creatign the universe. Hence, I am obeying the rules of science and you aren't.

I'll do that when we come to an agreement about god existing in the first place

Exactly. My answer to why we are here is God put us here. You don't really have an answer unless you have come up with somethign that millinos of atheists throughout history have failed to do.

Okay let's see....

No an assumption. Here is the syllogism:

We exist. An effect needs a cause. Hence, something had to cause us. This effect is called God.

That he created the world is easy to show. That He is involved in it is not an assumption, and though might not be scientifically proveable (but then, plenty of things you take for granted aren't either), it is reasonable to assume He would create us for a purpose.

Well, we seem to be getting way off-topic here, but this is not an assumption. Based on the evidence, many believe that Jesus was God. This is not an assumption, it is a deduction.

The Catholic Church does not say anything in the Bible is untrue. Indeed, the Catholic Church wrote and compiled the Bible's lsit of inspired books and holds it all to be the inspired word of God. However, the Church also admits the metaphorical speaking of Genesis which I believe you are refering to (the Church does not hold any young earth notions, etc.).

Well surely you understand this is not an assumption. This comes from many other things, i.e. Jesus, His apostles, the Church, etc.

Huh? I dont understand this one.

Seems fine to me. You haven't been able to show why god isn't necessary.

I love how you completly ignore the probablitity of abiogeseis this discussion is pointless if are not willing to do the leg work and either refute or call in to question what I bing to the table.... not like we haven't had this discussion before.but if you are unwilling to actually participate then we can stop.