View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 02:55 AM   #67
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I love both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, but Eddie Vedder can write circles around Chris Cornell lyrically. Vedder is one of the most amazing storytellers EVER. When I listen to PJ, I get pictures in my mind of the people in his stories, his songs. And the stories make you feel. Not that Cornell can't write, because I love Soundgarden a ton, but Vedder is just an awesome writer.

And McCready is the shit. Again, this is a player who plays with feel along with skill. What about Black? That guitar almost speaks to you in that song, and that's just one example. Also, for chops, check out November Hotel on the Mad Season CD and tell me he isn't kick-ass.

And right on, hide, about PJ evolving and changing and not giving in to the formulaic crap that pervades radio. What they put out is a gazillion times deeper, cerebral and entertaining than crap like the pseudo-punk pop bands all over the charts. I like music that takes me on a trip, that makes me think, that makes me feel. Both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam do that for me.

Can I get an Amen?
The radio arguement used earlier one is a strange at best as I'll explain. In the AB section many of you were complaining the grammys suck and its all about rewarding popular nonsense. Now the same people in this thread are saying PJ's recent stuff sucks and back that up by showing that radio is ignoring them (according to you guys deservedly so). You cannot have you cake and eat it too.

I say both bands rock/ed and its sad that in the early 90's there was such great mainstream rock and now the radio is filled with craptacular music like maroon 5, nickelback, 3 doors down and hoobastank.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie