View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 05:40 PM   #119
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.

Again, you aren't getting the point. The issue isn't about Stapp finding a new band, or "ex-Creed" guys finding a new singer. It's about performing Creed songs with a band that is not 100% Creed so early on after the breakup. I may be wrong, but I think the point that fluttergirl was making was that Stapp found replacements to perform Creed songs - as he said they'd perform Creed songs live. Not just the simple fact that Stapp found a band to back him.

If Alter Bridge started performing Creed songs right now, I would be upset as well. I think it would be cool to hear Myles sing a Creed song or two, but not now. It's just not right.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"