View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Hahaha... i've read around several boards about this performance...some comments have been positive and a few on the border of "forgiving"...most of them focusing on his "looks"...which is not unexpected....but then there are the comments of him being "flat"..."it was out of his range"..."he breathed after every word"..."he said Gawwwd instead of God"...he "sucked"...etc...which we used to call finding fault with someone...just kinda strikes me as amusing, in a way, and i can't help but laugh.

I can understand that everyone has a right to their own opinions, and that is all most of you are doing is expressing your "view" of what you saw and heard, and we all know not everyone sees and hears the same thing, but i have to ask, if anyone of the people making these comments, and you know who you are, truely, believe they could have done any better...???

some complete replies i read gave the appearence of those that "think" they could pull off such a performance, and if that's the case then how come you aren't singing at "pro" games...or for that matter singing professionally...?

guess it's like sports...we have "armchair" baseball players/basketball players/foot ball players...so it's par for the course to have "armchair" musicians as well, i guess.

just something i have observed while reading around...and had to say.

Why is it that you have to justify or make some excuse or blame so-called armchair musicians for what was a subpar performance? I'm a fan of Scott, too, and I frankly had hoped for a better performance, but I can admit it when my favorite artists aren't "on", and he wasn't. I watched it with other people who didn't even know who he was and every one of them thought he did a bad job.
It has nothing to do with being armchair musicians or artists. If it sounded bad to some people, it sounded bad. The man is not perfect; no artist is. Take off the rose-colored glasses for a change.