View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 11:08 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Uh, I only posted one.
Uh, no, you posted more than one, because I deleted the second one.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Yes, it was a subdued "I told you so" post. But is there something wrong with that? Were any of my comments offensive? No. I decided not to make any comments because I knew -- knowing the history of some of the mods -- that they would likely be interpreted as "speculation." I thought the quote highlights spoke for themselves.
What comments? You didn't post any comments. And this is a perfect point. YOU thought the highlights spoke for themselves, others may not have taken them that way. We are trying to tone down any speculation and rumors. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) You don't speak for everyone on the board, nor does every member share your feelings.
The very same could be said for you.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) So you think this post, which copies an interview and highlights certain portions, is A. OK? Why aren't you "insulted" by this one? It's very similar.
It is not very similar. Yours was meant to bait people into another Mark vs. Stapp debate, which have been far too common here.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) So if I posted my opinion, it would have made a difference to you? Come now... You were the one worried about "speculation." Me tagging on analysis to the raw data would have only made that concern greater in your mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong. Your comments may have given light to how YOU viewed the interview, but all you did was post those comments YOU deemed important to fuel any argument. Had you posted comments, maybe they would've been deleted, maybe not. But anyone with a mouse could've clicked on the interview and read it in its entirety, you needn't have pulled out bits and pieces and posted them to bait people. That's how your posts were percieved.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Yes, I'm still hanging on to this! (but so are you) I'm not angry, but I do find this whole censorship rationalization puzzling and very inconsistent.
Again, no one is forcing you to stay. If you don't like the way this board is run, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.