View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) The Pope could at least punish the abusers!And I dont recall saying JP II was a criminal.I didnt say that.

You don't think the offenders have been punished? Give me a break.

Quote: If the Church gives orientation instead of claim condom it's a sin.Actually you
can teach something to a person giving her only orientation, not only forbiding things to her. It's not teaching.

Uh... I didn't catch that.

Quote: Abstinence? We are in the 21 century!Let's face it!

That is the most moral relatavist thing I have ever heard anyone say. Just because it is the 21st century we have a right to act like reckless spoiled lustful hooligans? That is ridiculous.

Quote: But it's definitely a sin. Of course Church is not the only one part responsible for it. In true all of us are.

How is the Church responsible for poor children? The Church has done qutie a bit for people in all third world countries. You can't expect the Church to fix every problem inthe world.

Quote: What are they? Tell me!

Abstaining.

".

Quote: You cant compare a person who uses a condom to another who is a murderer.

No? Obviously Murder is a more grievous sin but the principle is the same--you can have a whoel ton o Faith in God and still kill people. You can have a whole ton of faith in God and still use condoms.

Quote: Actually, I'm endorsing the right to the people to live. Im not insulting Church or the catholic people. I only think Church needs to a better job in the poor countries, specially in Africa. I mean Catholic Church and of course all the other religions have to open their eyes to this catastrophe caused by AIDS.

It is indeed a catastrohpe. Did you even READ my post? The ONLY country where AIDS has NOT grown over the years is a country where ABSTINENCE, not CONDOMS have been the main force behind prevention. None of the countries who have rampant condom use are lowering their AIDS problem, so your argument, and everyone's argument, is absurd--if condoms were doing the trick, we would be in a practically AIDS free world. Trying to blame it on the Catholic Church is a nice way of saying "Well my way is obviously not working--but since it gives me an easy lifestyle in which I can act recklessly and not worry about it, I need to find someone to blame".

[ I knew you'd get it!
Well, this is my point of view. I'm so sorry you can't understand it! Really![/quote]