View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A friend of mine was murdered yesterday morning

I'm still in complete shock about this. I got up this morning and checked my e-mail like usual, and this message was sent to the campus by our College President...

-----
Good Morning

It is with great sadness that I must inform you this morning of a tragic event that has touched the Albertson College of Idaho community.

Yesterday morning, junior Leonard Kellum was shot to death in his home on 10th street. It is unfortunate when any life is lost, but it is especially heartbreaking when it is the life of a young person that is cut short. Though it can do little to ease the pain of this loss, I would like to express the greatest sympathy to those of you who knew Leonard and to his mother, Charlotte, who worked for the college for some years, in both Alumni and Financial Aid.

I also want to take this opportunity to reassure you as a campus community that police do not believe that this incident was random violence. They have identified, and are currently looking for, a suspect in the case.

The ACI Counseling Center, as well as Campus Ministries, is available to speak with any student, staff or faculty member. If you would like to express your sympathies to Leonard's family, please contact Dean of Student Affairs Paul Bennion for more information.

Sincerely,
Bob Hoover
-----

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place