View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #4
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My review from the AB Chicago 09/30 show.

The day started out with my sister and I (the pregnant lady for those of you we met there) headed downtown about 12:30pm to meet up with Erin. From there we settled into our hotel room. We then went to have a late lunch prior to the show. About 3:00 we went to get in line. There were only 2 people in line at that point. After standing around waiting I met Corryn & Lisa. Before we knew it the doors opened and we were in. We were probably about 8 rows of people back from the stage on Mark’s side. I was really excited.

Out came Submersed. They were great. Very energetic and really got the crowd into the night. They definitely have quite a stage presence and I believe that they are going to be a great band. During the set I was kind of just looking around and absorbing the whole thing when I looked up in one of the balconies there was all the guys. They were really showing support for their opening bands. Along with seeing Mark, Flip, Brian and Myles aside Flip was Cadence. What a cutie she is. He is going to have his hands full when she gets older.

Next came Crossfade. They were ok, but I really didn’t get a great stage presence from them. They sounded good.

Next out came the boys. The place was packed and the crowd was excited. Don’t ask me what the set list was; I was just so into watching them I don’t even remember. Myles expressions were priceless. You could really see that he was just in awe of the reaction that the band was receiving. At one point he told us that we were spoiling them and that they would never want to leave Chicago. Of course the crowd just went wild. What a stage presence he is. He was so interactive with the crowd. Anyone who doubts his ability to get the crowds attention really needs to attend a concert. He is truly amazing. Mark played his ass off. He is just so amazingly talented and a pleasure to watch. Mark walked across the stage a lot more during this concert. Brian was also amazing. It was great to see him back with Mark and Flip. The chemistry that they have is incredible. Flip was also amazing to watch. He is so hard to see back there though. During the cover song Highway Star Mark and Myles really shred it up together. Their faces with each other made it look like they were having a shredding competition. They looked like they were all having such fun together. During ILM the crowd was just singing their hearts out with them. Giving the song the respect that it truly deserves. During OYE Myles said to the crowd I want to hear you sing this part. The crowd did just that and he told us that we made his night.

It was truly amazing. Everyone must see them.

After the show I had the honor of meeting them all. They are so humble and appreciative of the fans. It is so refreshing. I have pics to post after I get them developed.

To Michael, Mark, Brian, Myles and Flip. Thank you for making this such a memorable night. I will truly cherish it forever. You all ROCK and I can’t wait to see you again.